Under the general direction of the Director of Campus Recreation, the Coordinator of REC Life is responsible for Student engagement in, promotion of, and implementation of campus-wide recreational programs, including but not limited to the Annual Wellness Fair, Rec Fest, and other new and/or ongoing Campus Recreation programming initiatives. The Coordinator will provide leadership and collaboration for the continual development and growth of Campus Recreation programs and initiatives based on campus climate and student feedback in order to increase student engagement on campus. This also entails outreach for all REC programs.
Coordinator of REC Life (Student Services Professional II) Campus Recreation
Full-time, probationary position with benefits.
Opening Date: October 31, 2019
This position is open until filled with a first review of applications beginning November 20, 2019. For assurance of full consideration, applications and supporting material should be submitted by 11:59pm on November 19, 2019.
Application requires answers to supplemental questions.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
This position is a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The incumbent in this position is required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
California State University San Marcos is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.
"JEANNE CLERY ACT AND CAMPUS FIRE SAFETY RIGHT-TO-KNOW LAW" NOTIFICATION - See Police Department's website located at: http://www.csusm.edu/police/Clery.pdf
California State University San Marcos is not a sponsoring agent for staff or management positions (i.e. H1-B visas).
Compensation & Benefits
This position is eligible for benefits. A comprehensive benefits summary for this position is available online by clicking the following link: Benefits Summary
CSU Classification Salary Range: $4,304- $6,120 per month Anticipated Hiring Salary: $4,304 per month
• Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university in one of the behavioral sciences, public or business administration or a job-related field, plus two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in professional student services work or academic advising required, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. A master’s degree in a job-related field may be substituted for one year of the professional experience.
• One year of experience in budget coordination and knowledge of budgeting policies and procedures.
• Experience with meeting and/or event coordination including, but not limited to site/room selection, coordination of food and beverage, vendors, AV and processing paperwork and invoices
• Valid California driver’s license required to drive golf cart and occasional rental and/ or personal vehicle in support of programs.
• Preferences: i. Bachelor’s degree; ii. Experience in an academic setting
Building on an innovative 27-year history, California State University San Marcos is a forward-focused institution, dedicated to preparing future leaders, building great communities and solving critical issues. Located on a 304-acre hillside overlooking the city of San Marcos, the University is just a short distance from some of Southern California’s best beaches and an hour from the US-Mexico border. CSUSM enrollment is over 17,000 and the university is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
California State University is located in northern San Diego County and offers beautiful beaches, an hour drive to the mountains and desert, a down town nightlife, world class shopping, and more all within a short trip from campus!