The Sports Programs Coordinator will assist in the operation, development, and growth of Sport Programs for Campus Recreation including Intramural Sports and Sport Clubs. Oversees daily operations of the Sport Programs including but not limited to: program scheduling, staff supervision, advising of sport clubs, training, and risk management.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
Sport Programs Administration
• Assist in the development, planning, and implementation of Sport Programs, including intramural sports, sport clubs, and special events.
• Develop and implement marketing and promotional programs for Sport Programs. Engages the FGCU community to participate in sport offerings through strategic marketing and outreach initiatives.
• Coordinate data collections, participant surveys, and program assessments to advise program recommendations.
• Assist in establishing, implementing, and evaluating the operating policies and procedures of all assigned Sports programs. Ensures programs operate within departmental and university guidelines for risk management, fiscal operations, and personnel administration.
• Assist with purchase and maintenance of necessary equipment and supplies, including contract negotiations related to purchasing and leasing of equipment. Prepares requisitions and/or purchase orders.
• Ensures all associated equipment is operated, managed, and maintained in a safe manner.
•Assist with the implementation of various special event programs for department.
Intramural Sport Administration
•Assist in administering the intramural programs based on current trends to provide innovative recreational sports opportunities that meet the needs of the FGCU community
•Responsible for developing, planning, and managing intramural sport leagues and tournaments through FusionIM.
•Responsible for conducting staff and officials’ trainings, participant meetings, as well as any participant or staff disciplinary meetings as necessary
Sport Club Administration
•Provides leadership oversight of sport clubs programs to include risk management, fiscal management, travel, and adherence to policies and procedures.
•Serves as advisor to sport club officers and participants
•Assists with the development, management, and distribution of organizational budgets including fundraising strategies
•Supervise the Sport Club Executive Council, responsible for budget allocations, sport club discipline, community service, and additional projects
Student Development and Supervision
•Assists with hiring, training, and supervising student workers and temporary support staff that support operations for approximately 35+ sport programs (Officials, Sport Supervisors, and Sport Program Assistants).
• Coordinates staff trainings and in-services with a focus on student development, leadership education, and operation efficiency.
•Manages Sport Programs’ mentor program; upholds and implements disciplinary and recognition initiatives while fostering team unity
•Serve as essential personnel and assists in the event of an emergency on campus.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Recreation Management, Sports Administration, or closely related field.
Two years of experience in intramural sports, sport clubs, or related field.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
Experience operating a personal computer and proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Current CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications or able to obtain within three months of employment.
Valid driver’s license.
Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Recreation Management, Sports Administration, or closely related field.
Two years of experience in training students staff members in sport programs
One year of management and supervisory experience in a college or university setting.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY THORUGH THE FGCU WEBSITE:
Applications submitted through Bluefish will not be considered.
Deadline to apply: Friday April 9th 2021
Internal Number: R0001316
About Florida Gulf Coast University
Florida Gulf Coast University is about more than just basketball and beach time. “Dunk City,” as it became known nationwide during the FGCU men’s basketball team’s historic run in the 2013 NCAA Tournament, is a diverse community of more than 15,000 undergraduate and graduate students who are just as committed to hitting the books as hitting the campus lakeshore beach. In less than 25 years, FGCU has made an indelible impact on Southwest Florida. We are a catalyst for the area’s economy and a cultural hub for the community. Our students enjoy one of the highest graduate employment rates among the state’s universities. Our campus and region serve as a living laboratory from which life-improving discoveries emanate. And our sports teams energize the entire region. Inspiring those who inspire others — that’s The FGCU Effect.