Who wants to come play with us?!! We are hiring a new teammate at a very exciting time for Recreation and Wellness at Northern Illinois University. If you’re ready to be an outstanding Assistant Director of Competitive Sports, and you want to be a part of a team that’s building a compelling future of optimal health and well-being, this may be the role for you.
As an employee of NIU RecWell, you will have fun doing the hard work necessary to live Our Why: “We create conditions for success by facilitating opportunities and building a culture that inspire optimal health and well-being.” Your success will be measured by how well you positively influence our work culture, enhance our brand, and contribute to the achievement of Our Why. You will help build a vibrant, industry leading RecWell program, where people have fun, live well, and feel their best!
You will be responsible for overall leadership, administration and management of a comprehensive and inclusive Intramural Sports and Sport Clubs programs. You will manage all aspects of the program including: program development, risk management, supervision, marketing, assessment, budgets, and equipment. You will create extensive student development opportunities for Graduate Assistants and student-staff including recruiting, hiring, training, supervising, mentoring and evaluating.
1. Master’s degree in recreation, sport management, physical education, kinesiology, student affairs, or related field
2. Two (2) years of progressively responsible, relevant experience in the promotion, design, development, and administration of intramural sports and sport club programs or related recreational programs
3. Demonstrated experience in training and supervision of multiple part-time student staff including sport officials and supervisors
4. Specific knowledge of sport rules and the administration of sport
5. Current First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications (upon hire)
About Northern Illinois University
Chartered in 1895, Northern Illinois University is a comprehensive teaching and research institution with over 17,000 currently enrolled students.
Facts at a Glance
Date Chartered: 1895
Location: DeKalb (population 43,849); 65 miles west of Chicago
Alumni of Record: 240,000
Total Student Enrollment: 17,169
College of Law: 260
Total Faculty/Staff: 3,344
DeKalb main campus: 756 acres; 64 major buildings