The general responsibilities of the GA's will include, but are not limited to:
• Assist with the development and management of the Outdoor Education and Leadership Program, specifically the Bike Rental; Mechanic shop, Rental Center, : Challenge Course, Indoor Climbing Wall, and a shared responsibility for wilderness trips, including BuckWild pre-orientation program.
• Hire, train, supervise, hold accountable, and evaluate students, for the Outdoor Education and Leadership program.
• Assist the Director in the budgeting of operational expenses and student payroll.
• Assist the Director in assessment of student learning outcome initiatives.
• Assist Director in the design and implementation of staff trainings for all areas.
• Assist with the Director, fellow GA, and student managers to create and implement the BuckWild Pre-Orientation program, and the annual staff training.
• Shared role in the development of the semester trips schedule with outing club trips including destinations/activities, budget design, staffing, marketing, and assessment.
• Assist in the development of the scheduling, staffing, marketing, and assessment for events, programming, and workshops within the areas mentioned above.
• Co-Advise the University Outing Club and Committees.
• Plan and lead events during university holidays as needed.
• Promote and market the Outdoor Education and Leadership Program to the Bucknell community.
• Compiling statistical information of participation in all Outdoor Education and Leadership programming areas.
• Supervise staff performing equipment inventory for all areas and do purchasing for the program areas.
• Maintain a 3.0 GPA each semester in graduate level classes.
• Assist with Student Affairs special events and other duties as assigned.
• Serve as a contributing member to the Student Affairs Departmental staff meetings.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, Outdoor Education, Education, or related field • Acceptance to College Student Personnel Program at Bucknell University
• Demonstrate strong leadership and organizational skills, and a strong work ethic • Experience with a collegiate adventure program, working with diverse participants in a the climbing wall, challenge course, bike shop, rental center, and trip leading experiences in a variety of areas if applicable.
Additional Salary Information: 3 courses per semester, 6 courses per year, 12 courses over 2 years. A stipend of $11,664 will be paid over the academic year. There is a 100% tuition waiver for eligible accepted students into the College Student Personnel Program for fall and spring course loads. Graduate students will be responsible for room and board, but the cost of Lewisburg and the surrounding area is
lower than most parts of the country. Students will earn an additional salary for summer employment if desired.
About Bucknell University
About Bucknell University: Established in 1846 as the University at Lewisburg; renamed Bucknell University in 1886 in honor of William Bucknell, a major benefactor. The University is highly selective, private, nonsectarian,coeducational (since 1883), residential,and undergraduate, with a small graduate
BACK TO TOP
Bluefishjobs.com is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else NIRSA Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at Bluefishjobs.com.