For information about all open ECU Campus Recreation and Wellness positions please attend our information session at the NIRSA National Conference on Thursday, February 23 at 10:30AM in Maryland 5.
We will be holding informal candidate meetings for all open positions at the NIRSA National Conference. Please email resume and cover letter to Dr. Greg Corack - Associate Director of Programs - email@example.com to schedule a meeting during the conference. You can also contact our staff via the Career Opportunities Center.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The Coordinator of Group Fitness position will develop, coordinate, implement and evaluate the group fitness program including, but not limited to, class design, movement evaluation, instructor preparedness, and class schedules. This position will also coordinate/contract with professionals in the community to bring in specialized physical activity and fitness programs. The Coordinator will assist in the promotion and marketing of all group fitness and specialized physical activity programs. The Coordinator will create and implement residence hall fitness education seminars to promote healthy lifestyles and program participation. Additional administrative responsibilities include personnel management, fiscal accountability, and staff development. The Coordinator has contact with a diverse populace both on and off campus. He/she deals with the general public as well as with the University community. The position deals with sensitive issues including discipline of student employees who have demonstrated unsatisfactory work or inappropriate behavior. Likewise, the position will have significant impact upon the image of Campus Recreation & Wellness through the visibility associated with being a public representative of the department in numerous events and activities. The position reports to the Assistant Director of Fitness.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science, Health and Fitness, Kinesiology, or related field.
- An NCCA accredited certification (i.e. ACE, NETA, ASCM) in group exercise or as a health fitness specialist is required.
- Experience developing, maintaining and teaching a progressive, quality group fitness program.
- Knowledge of current fitness and learning theories, methods, strategies and tactics.
- Demonstrated ability for clear, cogent written and verbal communication. He/she must communicate effectively with a variety of publics.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and the ability to be flexible and accommodating as it relates to the needs of the members.
- Dependability and neatness required.
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certification Required
- Master’s degree in Exercise Science, Health and Fitness, Kinesiology, or related field.
- Certification for specialty class instruction such as: Les Mills, Aqua Fitness, Cycling, HIIT, etc.
- Minimum of 2-4 years’ group class instruction experience, teaching a variety of styles, levels and population.
- Experience with scheduling and supervision of weight room staff.
- Experience with fitness equipment selection and purchasing.
To schedule an informal meeting at the NIRSA National Conference please email resume/cover letter to Dr. Greg Corack - Associate Director of Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact us via the Career Opportunities Center.
As the position is an anticipated posting, official applications will not be accepted through ECU Jobs at this time.
Anticipated Posting and Start Date(s):
This job should be posted in March 2017.
The anticipated start date for this position is summer 2017.