The Colorado School of Mines Recreational Sports Department invites applications for the Student Recreation Center Facility Operations Intern position. The Intern will provide support to the Assistant Director of the Student Recreation Center. Specifically, the Intern will provide supervision of the facility during the evening and weekend general operating hours, as well as providing operational support during athletics contests, recreational sports activities, and Student Recreation Center special events. The SRC operates seven days a week with extended hours. Reporting to the Assistant Director of the Student Recreation Center, the Facility Operations Intern provides vital support and flexibility in the management and supervision of the SRC.
- Assist the Assistant Director with:
- The vision, planning, management and assessment of the Student Recreation Center
- The planning and development of policies, activities, and administrating all aspects of the Student Recreation Center including special events.
- The implementation of a creative marketing plan for the SRC.
- Recruiting, hiring, training, supervising, scheduling and evaluating student staff.
- Special Events setup, administration and supervision (i.e. Foundation Dinners, Presidential Events, Varsity Athletic Camps, etc.)
- External Rental setup and supervision (i.e. Power to Play, AAU Basketball, Point Guard College, etc.)
- The oversight of all risk management issues for the SRC and the development of a compressive risk management plan.
- Provide professional oversight during weekend and evening operating hours, as well as special events.
- Support the mission and core values of the Student Recreation Center and assist with facility management as needed.
- Adhere to all University and Department policies, procedures and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate should have progressive experience in facility and/or aquatic management in a collegiate recreation program. A previous degree (Bachelors or Masters) is preferred, but not required. This position requires previous experience in implementing recreational sports policies/procedures, executing risk management plans, strong leadership and conflict/resolution skills, training a student staff, and managing a recreation facility. Also required is the ability to work a flexible schedule. The successful candidate must possess excellent organization, leadership, customer service and communication skills, including, but not limited to written, oral and interpersonal skills; and computer literacy.
This position is a full-time, summer contract, beginning on May 20, 2017 and terminating on July 30, 2017. The intern will have the option to live on-campus and on-campus housing will be provided if they choose to do so. Compensation is dependent whether the intern lives on campus or not. Schedule is mostly Monday-Friday with some nights and weekends. The successful candidate is not required to be seeking college credit during the internship.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter addressing each of the qualifications, resume, and the names and contact information of at least three professional references to:
Assistant Director, Student Recreation Center
CSM Recreational Sports
1651 Elm St.
Golden, CO 80401
Application materials may also be submitted via email: email@example.com
Review of applications will begin immediately and will be accepted until the position has been filled.
Mines is an EEO/AA employer and is committed to enhancing the diversity of its campus community. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Employment with Mines is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a background investigation.