The Alief YMCA is seeking a dynamic, innovative, highly motivated, Youth Sports and Outreach Director to develop, organizes, implement, and evaluate YMCA programs with a focus on quality safety, youth development and healthy living. The Alief YMCA has over 1200 membership units, 4 sport seasons, a cheer and dance program and 250 participants per season that equates to over 800 participants per year. We are seeking a transformational, cause driven leader to join our dynamic team and take our Youth Development Department to the next level in order to better serve our community.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet YMCA objectives.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensure records of staff certifications are current and complete.
- Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information, may organize and schedule program registrations. May review and process program scholarship applications.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Coordinates use of facilities for program activities and events.
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
- Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Assists with Program Committee meetings.
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
YMCA Competencies (Team Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Y’s values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.